MEGA Mytischi will be one of Europe’s largest shopping centres and is set to attract a raft of international retailers seeking expansion opportunities in Russia.
Scheduled to open in early 2018 and welcome an expected 25-30 million visitors per year (there is a total of 4.2 million people living within the mall’s catchment area), MEGA Mytischi will be anchored by IKEA along with DIY and hypermarket stores and will include 10,000 car parking spaces.
The centre will be split over two floors, with 40 per cent of space reserved for anchor stores and the remaining 60 per cent holding a huge variety of retailers, restaurants and services. Its tenant mix will focus on bringing together major international brands from the fashion, food, leisure, entertainment and furniture sectors, with emphasis placed on creating a leading family lifestyle destination for the mid-range consumer.
Armin Michaely IKEA Shopping Centres Russia’s general director, said: “MEGA Mytischi is a very exciting project, and the super-regional mall will set a benchmark for modern retailing in Russia. A carefully selected tenant mix, will be complemented with architecture that is modern, sustainable and functional. In addition, the shopping centre will be surrounded by a park with a community centre, benefitting visitors and people living in the local area.”
“We also are working to complement customer shopping habits, at MEGA Mytischi for example, services such as banking, bakeries, post office and beauty salons will play an everyday role. 6,000 sq m of sports-related brands and activities will also be incorporated including spa facilities, gym classes and rock climbing.”
“MEGA Mytischi will be integrated with the city and the cultural aspects of the area so it becomes a landmark for the region, a meeting place and a social hub,” added Olga Shevtsova, commercial development director of IKEA Shopping Centres Russia. “Visitors will be able to shop, go to the cinema, have lunch or dinner with friends, and they’ll be plenty of entertainment for kids and adults alike. With online coming, we have to provide an experience, and MEGA Mytischi will deliver that.”