The great and the good of the retail property commercialisation sector were out in force this morning at a presentation at the British Museum for a special breakfast to celebrate the presentation of this year’s BCSC Opal Awards.
Winners were presented their awards by comedienne Lucy Porter, in recognition of achievements across the categories of experiential, brand immersion, media, events, pop-ups and temporary lets.
Brent Cross took home the coveted Aurora Award for The Beach at Brent Cross; London’s biggest urban beach, having achieved the highest score across all categories.
Other Opal Award winners ere:
- Stephen Rister Award: Maureen Ossawy, JCDecaux
- Brand Immersion: intu Experiences for ‘Home' Invasion at Intu
- Commercial Events/Markets/Exhibitions: Westfield Europe for The Beach Club
- Commercial Events/Markets/Exhibitions: McArthurGlen East Midlands for Pop-Up Summer Park
- Commercial Events/Markets/Exhibitions: Brent Cross for The Beach at Brent Cross
- Commercial Events/Markets/Exhibitions: Upper St Events for The Gadget Show Live at Westfield London
- Experiential: Bluewater and Location Live for Samsung 360 SoundLab
- Experiential: Sky UK for Game of Thrones - Throne Tour
- Experiential: Rolls Royce Motors for The Wraith of the North
- Mall Retail: McArthurGlen Swindon for Greens The Belt Maker
- Mall Retail: intu Experiences for Taste the World with Mama Pacha
- Mall Retail: intu Experiences for The Amazing Chocolate intu Takeover
- Mall Retail: The Story Shop by World Vision UK
- Media: Manchester JV for The Banner at Manchester Arndale
- Media: Ocean for Women’s Aid - Look At Me
- Other Retail Environments: Transport for London for Old Street underground station
- Pop Up Shops/Temporary Lets: Appear Here for Knots and Socks, Putney Exchange
- Pop Up Shops/Temporary Lets: intu Experiences for Pop! by Mackney
- Pop Up Shops/Temporary Lets: Hammerson for Yankee Candle at West Quay